Unlocking the World Through Language Exploration

Poly Languages Institute: Unlocking the World through Language Exploration

In today’s increasingly interconnected world, the benefits of learning a second language have become more evident than ever before. At Poly Languages Institute, we firmly believe in the transformative power of language acquisition and strive to provide a platform for individuals to expand their horizons through linguistic exploration. Whether you’re a curious teenager or a seasoned professional, our doors are open to anyone eager to embark on the enriching journey of learning a second language.

The advantages of learning a second language extend far beyond the mere ability to communicate with people from different cultures. It opens up a whole new world of opportunities, broadening your perspective, enhancing cognitive abilities, and fostering personal and professional growth. Let’s delve into some of the remarkable benefits that await those who dare to embrace the art of language acquisition.

First and foremost, learning a second language enhances communication skills. Mastery of another language allows you to effortlessly engage with people from diverse backgrounds, strengthening cross-cultural connections and enabling meaningful interactions. Whether it’s traveling to a foreign country, building international relationships, or expanding your professional network, proficiency in a second language acts as a bridge, fostering understanding and empathy.

Moreover, studies have consistently shown that learning a second language improves cognitive abilities. It stimulates the brain, sharpening critical thinking, problem-solving, and multitasking skills. Bilingual individuals are known to possess enhanced memory, mental flexibility, and creativity. By challenging your brain with a new linguistic code, you exercise its neural pathways, ultimately enhancing your overall cognitive function.

Additionally, learning a second language provides a gateway to new cultures and perspectives. Language is intertwined with culture, and by delving into a foreign language, you gain a deeper understanding of the customs, traditions, and values of the people who speak it. This cultural immersion fosters appreciation, empathy, and a broader worldview. It allows you to see the world through different lenses, enriching your personal experiences and making you a more adaptable and open-minded individual.

Now, who can learn a second language? The answer is simple: anyone with the curiosity and willingness to embrace the journey. At Poly Languages Institute, we cater to a diverse range of students, regardless of age or background. Whether you’re a high school student eager to expand your linguistic repertoire, a working professional seeking to boost your career prospects, or a retiree with a passion for learning, our institution is here to support and guide you.

Furthermore, we extend a warm welcome to those interested in learning English. As the lingua franca of the modern world, English is an invaluable tool for communication, business, and academic pursuits. Our dedicated team of experienced instructors at Poly Languages Institute is equipped to provide comprehensive English language education, focusing on listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills. We offer a nurturing and inclusive environment, tailored to meet the unique needs and goals of each student.

In conclusion, learning a second language at Poly Languages Institute offers a myriad of benefits, ranging from improved communication skills and cognitive abilities to cultural enrichment and a broader worldview. Our institution embraces the power of language as a catalyst for personal and professional growth, inviting individuals from all walks of life to embark on this transformative journey. Join us at Poly Languages Institute, where we open doors to the world and empower you to unlock new opportunities through language exploration.

POLY Languages Institute

English Language School

POLY Languages Institute is an accredited English language (ESL) school in California, USA. It has three English language (ESL) schools in California, specifically in the cities of Irvine, Los Angeles and Pasadena.

As a result of many years our dedication and commitment to better educate and serve our students, we can confidently assure our students that we are one of the best English language (ESL) schools in California USA.

Are you a student with F-1 visa in United State and looking for TRANSFER to better language school?

We can make it Today, Contact Us Now !

Poly Languages Courses

General English : The General English is a communicative English program. The goal of the program is to prepare students to interact confidently in English through a fun and engaging activities.

Business English : The Business English program is for students who want to learn English and learn about business, and for business people who want to advance their careers.

Academic English :The Academic English is an intensive integrated skills program. . The purpose of the program is to prepare students for colleges and universities.

TOEFL Prep : The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is a standardized integrated-skills test, where the English proficiency of non-native speakers is evaluated. The goal of the TOEFL Prep program is to prepare students to succeed on the test.

*POLY Languages Institute is an ETS-Authorized TOEFL iBT® Test Center. Students may opt in to take their exams at our institute.

Poly Languages Tuition and Fees

Covid19 Special for Full-Time Students

The program consists of two courses: one from Academic English or TOEFL Prep courses – and the other from General English, Business English, or IELTS courses. Furthermore, it applies only to the courses offered after 1:00 pm. The program is applicable for F-1 transfer students; however, the program is not applicable for F-1 initials applying outside the U.S.

WeeksStandart TuitionDiscountTuition Due

Our Programs

The price listed below is for one term. Each term is 4 weeks long.

Course Contact HoursLab HoursTuition
General English (1-6)1616160$
Business English (5-6)1616160$
Academic Eng. L/S (1-6)328400$
Academic Eng. R/W (1-6)328400$
TOEFL Prep L/S (5-6)328400$
TOEFL Prep R/W (5-6)328400$

Let’s Learn English!

One step at a time.

Are you in the U.S.A and want to Study in Poly Language School or Do you want to study with us Changing Your Visa Status to Student?

We Got You..

Fill the form below, We will contact you back, right away !

How to Apply and Visa Process

I don’t need an F-1 visa. I just want to learn English.

  • Apply online. Pay the Application Fee and the applicable tuition.
  • We will contact you before your scheduled start date for orientation with our student adviser.

Initial (I want to go to the USA. I need an F-1 visa.)

Step 1

  • Apply online. Pay the Application Fee and the Mailing and Handling Fee.
  • We will contact you for the following
    • Copy of passport
    • Financial Statement (Documentary Evidence of Financial Support)
    • If you are under 18, a copy of your high school diploma or transcript
  • We will send you an acceptance packet by UPS. It includes an acceptance letter, SEVIS payment instructions, a Form I-20, and other applicable documents.

Step 2

Transfer (I am in the USA. I want to transfer.)

  • Apply online. Pay the Application Fee ($150).
  • We will contact you for the below documents, which you can email us.
    • Copy of passport
    • Financial Statement (Documentary Evidence of Financial Support)
    • If you are under 18, copy of your high school diploma or transcript
    • I-20 from your current school.
  • We will email you and your current school the below documents. You may pick up the documents in person. The Notice of Intention to Transfer to be completed by your current school.
  • Acceptance letter
  • Pick up your new I-20 in person.  Save the mailing fee.

C.O.S (I am in the USA. I want to change my visa to F-1)

  • Apply online. Pay the Application Fee ($150)
  • We will contact you for the following:
    • Copy of passport
    • Financial Statement (Documentary Evidence of Financial Support)
    • If you are under 18, copy of your high school diploma or transcript
  • We will contact you to set up an appointment for you with our designated student adviser who can help you with the Change of Status to F-1 process.

Yaşar Dolugan| Turkish Student Advisor

[email protected]

Contact us

Admission Inquiry

Apply Now

F-1 Visa Can You Work In The U.S. With A Student Visa

F-1 Visa: Can You Work In The U.S. With A Student Visa

The United States is one of the leading countries that provides quality education, especially in English language teaching. Hence, many international students wish to do their English language improvement classes there. However, studying in the U.S. involves a substantial investment, like tuition, housing, and food. Besides, the diversity of culture in the United States is an invitation to expand your academic horizons.

Is the last day of your English class term fast approaching and you don’t know what to do or where to go? Would you like to be productive, improve your curriculum with customer service, and to receive a salary? Would you like to improve your level of English by developing an English-speaking culture? Several university students arrive on their vacations wondering this and, like you, they are ready to change their routine and do something profitable with their free time.

More about F-1 Visa

It can be a bit complicated for students to get a job in the United States, but not impossible. International students must apply for the F-1 Visa or the J-1 Visa. Acquiring, any of these visas will depend on you. You should meet all the requirement, and you should have the resources to finance your studies without having to work. Aside from other distinct prerequisites of obtaining your F-1 visa, there are other things that you need to remember. Take into consideration the period to stay in the country and the option to study while working. This post will focus more on the latter.

Generally, immigration authorities prohibit international students with an F-1 Visa from working while they are studying. On the other hand, there are some ways that they can work and study at the same time, without violating immigration regulations. F-1 visa holders cannot work outside the campus any time in the first year of their studies. Under some situations, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) may permit an international student to look for a job after one year of study.

The applicant for a student visa in the United States must come to the country to pursue an academic program, at an institution recognized by the United States government. A student/applicant must have a valid educational objective to come to the United States and be a full-time student. Typically, the F-1 student visa is issued at the consulate or the U.S. embassy in the student’s country of origin.

Travel with an F-1 student visa

International students may enter the United States several times if they have a valid F-1 student visa. Students with an F-1 visa must have have all the necessary documents and signed authorizations. This is to avoid problems entering in the U.S. People with an F-1 Visa can also travel freely within the United States.

Work with an F-1 student visa

Students can work on campus, but they should be enrolled in the school. Students can apply for a Curricular Practical Training (CPT) to gain experience in their field of study while they are full-time students. They can take the opportunity to do an Optional Practical Training (OPT) once they have completed their degree.

In summary, although U.S. immigration laws can prohibit students from working and studying at the same time, there are some ways to get it done legally. You have to explore the possibilities. If you have more questions about the student visa process, an academic adviser at your school can be a great resource or contact an immigration lawyer. In terms of making sure you have the right program or if you wish to study and enhance your English Language proficiency in the United States, visit POLY’s program or contact us to assist you better.

F-1 Visa

How Do I Apply For A Student Visa In The United States?

Every year, thousands of young people and university students want to apply for a student visa to study in the United States. The first thing you should know is the two categories of student visa. These visas are commonly known as F-1 and M-1 visas. However, there are specific criteria that a student must meet to apply for a student visa, as detailed on the United States Immigration and Naturalization Services (USCIS) page.

First, you must be enrolled in an academic program, a language training program, or a vocational program. Your school must have the approval of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement Service (ICE) Student and Visitor Exchange Program. Essentially, you must be enrolled as a full-time student of the institution. You must have English language proficiency or be enrolled in courses to gain English proficiency. Lastly, you must have sufficient funds available to cover your expenses throughout the course of study. 

Differences of student visas:

F-1 Student Visa

The F-1 Visa category allows you to enter the United States as a full-time student of an institute, university, conference, conservatory, high school, or other institution or language training program. Also, you must be enrolled in a program that culminates in obtaining a diploma or certificate. The school must be authorized by the US government to accept international students.

M-1 Student Visa

The M-1 Visa category includes those students who are in vocational or non-academic programs, other than language training. Students with an M-1 visa are not permitted to work during their studies. The M-1 student visa applicants must have proof that there is a sufficient fund available to pay all tuition fee and living expenses for the whole period of stay.

J-1 Visa

A J-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa given to research scholars, professors and exchange visitors participating in programs that enhance cultural exchange, primarily to obtain medical or business training in the USA.

Sometimes, students want to work or need to work during their stay in the United States. Students with the F-1 visa can only work inside the university or its campus during the first one under certain conditions and restrictions. Any employment outside the university premises must be related to their area of ​​study and must be authorized by the Designated School Officer before they start to work.

Student Visa

What are the requirements in securing a student visa?

When obtaining your student visa, you must meet a series of requirements and submit documents to study in the United States:

  • Be admitted to an institute, university or school recognized by the United States government 
  • Be a full-time student in the USA
  • You should have a passport with a validity of at least six months longer than the time you will stay in the United States
  • You should have completed the Form I-20 for F-1 and M-1 visas or Form DS-2019 for the J-1 visa

What is the I-20 form?

This is a document that your institute, school or university will send you once you have been admitted. This document is essential to apply for your F-1 and M-1 student visa in the USA.

What is the DS-2019 form?

This is the form that is used for the exchange visitor program.

When can you apply?

You can apply for your American student visa when you meet all the requirements mentioned above and can get it in advance depending on the type of visa you have applied:

  • F-1 and M-1 Visa: up to 120 days in advance of the start date of your study program that appears on the I-20 form
  • J-1 Visa: at any time before the date on the DS-2019 form

How much does it cost?

Obtaining your American student visa is not free and involves paying two things. The first is $200 for your I-901 SEVIS Fee. The second is an additional charge of $160 for visa applications at the United States Embassy or Consulate in your country.

How to apply and secure a student visa?

After all the previous necessary steps, you are now in the process to get your student visa. The procedure to obtain the visa includes the following five steps:

Submission of the I-20 form

First, once you have been accepted, your institute or university will send you the I-20 form for the F-1 visa or the DS-2019 form for a J-1 visa to confirm that you have been admitted by an institution authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to enroll non immigrant students. You must read and sign this form.

Payment of SEVIS fee

Second, you will have to pay a tax of  $200 for the SEVIS fee. Be sure to print a copy of the payment receipt. You must pay the SEVIS fee at least three days before the date of your visa interview. 

Fill in the Form DS-160

Thirdly, you must fill out a new non-immigrant visa application form. This is the DS-160 form that must be completed online. In this form, you must upload a photograph of yourself. Once this form is completed, you must print the “confirmation sheet” with the bar-code to present it at your embassy appointment.

Make the appointment

Fourth, you must make an appointment with the US embassy of your country. You can also do this online. To find the website of the US embassy in your country, enter your country on the following page: https://www.usembassy.gov/

Preparation of the appointment at the embassy

Fifth and last, once you have the appointment, prepare for your interview to obtain the American student visa. You should take the following things with you to the interview:

  • A printed copy of the appointment
  • Your passport is valid for at least six months longer than the time you are going to stay in the US and your previously issued passports
  • The confirmation sheet of the DS-160 form with the barcode that you filled in step number 3
  • Receipts for payment of the student visa application
  • Form I20 for the F-1 and M-1 Visa or form DS-2019 for the J-1 Visa
  • SEVIS fee receipt
  • Multiple photos

In addition, it is also advisable to carry:  

  • Financial documents that provide evidence that you have sufficient funds available to pay all your expenses for the first year of studies in the United States
  • Academic documents that demonstrate your preparation. These may include your institute’s grade certificates and your results on the SAT and TOEFL exams
  • If you have obtained a scholarship, it is also advisable to present all the documentation of it
American Student Visa

What happens next after applying for a student visa?

There are three situations that may occur:

  • It is approved
  • Goes into the administrative process
  • It is rejected

If you are approved for a student visa, you could legally enter the United States, although there are two things you should always keep in mind: 

  • You cannot enter the country within 30 days of the program you are going to begin. 
  • When travelling to the United States, you must present your passport with your student visa and your I-20 or DS-2019 form at the immigration post.

How long is the student visa valid?

The validity of a student Visa varies depending on the type of Visa: 

  • F-1 Visa: the validity is equal to the estimated time the study program will take
  • M-1 Visa: the validity is a maximum of one year
  • J-1 Visa: the validity varies between 4 months and 36 months depending on the program

POLY does not offer legal advice. Please click this page for more info about student visas. It is imperative that each student should consult an immigration lawyer where they reside, since laws or procedures may vary in each state.